Obituary of Frances Lyons Litvin
Frances Lyons Litvin
Born May 8, 1921. Passed away October 6, 2018, peacefully. Surrounded by family and friends. Widow of Harold Litvin. Parents – Elizabeth (Halpern) and Aaron Lyons. Graduate of Norwalk Senior High School and Gaines School of Business, New York City. Attended University of Connecticut.
Member of Mercy and Truth Synagogue, Pottstown, PA; Jewish Women’s League; Philadelphia Genealogical Society; founding member of Delaware Valley Water Garden Society. Office Manager and Corporate Secretary for Snow King Frozen Foods.
Private pilot’s license – 1972. Loved skiing, fly fishing, and travel to out-of-the-way places. Northwest Passage on 56th passenger ship to do this – a Russian ice breaker, the Kaptain Klebnikov. First passenger ship to circumnavigate the island of South Georgia. Antarctic Peninsula, Antarctic Continent from Tasmania, landing at Mawson’s hut. Subarctic islands of the Pacific, Easter Island, climbed up on Cape Horn, China, Iceland, Galapagos, Ecuador, Greenland, South Africa, Mala Mala Game Preserve, Zimbabwe, Botswana, Victoria Falls. Venezuela, Angel Falls, Norway, England, Ireland, Scotland, Paris, Toured Spain, Munich, Venice, Israel, Turkey, Yalta, Odessa, Malta, Swan Island (Gulf of Mexico), Honduras, Guatemala, Panama, swam in Norway Sea at the Arctic Circle and in the Davis Straight above the Arctic Circle. Provideniya in the Russian Far East landing near a Gulag. Islands in Pacific Alaska and Russian Far East, and Alaska.
Predeceased by her sister Grace Lyons of Los Angeles CA and her brother and sister-in-law Ben and Blanche Lyons of Westport, CT.
Survived by her children, grandchildren, and great grandchildren. Children: Richard & Aida Litvin; Susie Hom; Bithy & Howie Stein; Nancy & Martin Wein; Beth & Bill Litvin. Grandchildren & great grandchildren: Joe & Devon Litvin and Caden and Cormick; Greg & Naomi Wetmore and George and Henry; David & Sonya Wein; Rachel Hom Litvin.
Contributions may be made to:
- American Jewish Joint Distribution Committee; 220 E 42nd St, New York, NY 10017 212-687-6200
- Sense of Security; 1355 S. Colorado Blvd., Suite C-302; Denver, CO 80222 303-669-3113 senseofsecurity.org/
- Jewish Federation of Philadelphia (Fund for Elderly) 2100 Arch St, Philadelphia, PA 19103 (215) 832-0500 https://jewishphilly.org/
- Colitis and Crohn’s Disease, 733 Third Avenue, Suite 510, New York, NY 10017; 800-932-2423; firstname.lastname@example.org
- Surel’s Place; PO Box 2004; Boise, ID 83701; +1 (208) 991-4718 surelsplace.org
A memorial service is being planned for later in the year. Online condolences may be made to the family at www.houckgofusfuneralhome.com.